They say you get better with age, and as I enter the last year of my 20’s I like to think this is true! ;) The older the get the more comfortable I’ve become at just being “me.” This means laughing at myself daily, accepting that I’m far from perfect, and striving to live an authentic life. I don’t want to look back at my time here and wish I did it any differently.
So on my 29th Birthday, here are 5 things you (probably) don’t know about me. Here’s to another year of discovery, laughter, and finding my path along the way.
- If I could only take one thing with me on a deserted island it would be Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm (sunscreen coming in as a close second place). I need lip balm with me at all times! If I leave the house without it, I will stop and buy more – I may or may not have a problem…
- My father is a holistic Veterinarian, and my mom was a Massage Therapist. To say I had a hippy upbringing would be the understatement of the year. I resisted the healthy food, yoga, and vitamins for years, but as I get older I find myself excited to make healthy goodies (almond milk, sauerkraut and bone broth to name a few), and truly take a care of my mind and body. Maybe they were on to something all along. ;)
- Thanks to scholarships, grants, and financial aid, my entire college education was paid for. I have both an Associates of Arts in Still Photography and with a Bachelors of Arts in Photo Communications. Although I didn’t need a college degree to pursue photography, I’m so glad I graduated! What I learned about myself during that time was invaluable.
- I am currently training for my first half marathon (coming up on April 24th) with the help and encouragement of my brother and sister-in-law. At times it still seems like an impossible goal for me, but I keep training and I’m
scaredexcited to see how far I can push myself on race day.
- No matter how bad the day, when I get a camera in my hands and start documenting the world around me, everything falls back into place.
*Special thanks to Brandi Welles for the lovely pictures!