I usually don’t blog two days in a row BUT today is the 40th anniversary of Earth Day and I wanted to share some simple ways to make your life just a little bit greener (tips from GreenPeace):
- Use non-toxic cleaning alternatives at home.
- Choose reusable items like mugs, lunch containers, pens, razors, etc.
- Take your own bags to the grocery store.
- Separate recyclable items from your trash and utilize recycling centers.
- Buy locally. Not only is it good for the local economy, it will save energy because products haven’t traveled across the globe to get to you.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs — it saves you money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Avoid using cars. Walk, cycle or use public transportation whenever possible.
If we all do our part these small adjustments can have powerful results! To learn more tips for green living be sure to check out the Green Guide!
Happy Earth Day! :)