For the New Year, I’ve decided to resurrect my “Inspired By” blog posts, but with a new twist. As many of you already know, I’m no longer just a wedding photographer, but also a bride-to-be myself! This means that I spend more time than ever researching wedding trends, DIY projects, and anything wedding related. I thought it would be fun to share all the goodies I find, and hopefully provide my brides with inspiration, and insider advice to incorporate into their wedding style and planning.
I’m calling these posts “Wedding 101” and what better place to start than with a run down of my favorite wedding blogs. There are literally thousands of wedding blogs out there, each offering a unique perspective and style. The blogs that keep me coming back incorporate more than just real wedding features – but a complete focus of everything involved in wedding planning. My favorite blogs also include several resources for free printable, DIY projects, and shops to purchase stylish wedding essentials.
- Green Wedding Shoes – One of the most popular and well known blogs for the bride who is looking for more. Learn new and creative ways you can make your wedding day a true reflection of you as a couple.
- The Wedding Chicks – With tons of DIY resources and one incredible shop, the wedding chicks offers everything from bouquet recipe, to free invitation suites!
- Ruffled – If your planning a vintage wedding, then Ruffled is the blog for you! They also have a fantastic section called Recycle Your Wedding where you can sell and purchase wedding items from past brides – how great is that?
- Inspired by This – One of the absolute best resources for keeping up with wedding trends. I especially love this Glitter + Gold feature they recently shared.
- Every Last Detail – This blog is full of paratactical, real world advice and insight for your wedding – from start to finish. Be sure to read their Thursday Tips for tons of great info!
I would love feedback from my readers, and strive to make these posts more of a conversation. So don’t be shy and leave a comment with your favorite wedding blog.